In late 2005, Longmont ladies Martha Jurey, Beth Purkett, and Pat Lassak came up with the idea to create a local guild. The Longmont Quilt Guild (LQG) was created as a way for quilters and sewers to get together and socialize. Word spread quickly through the Longmont quilting community and the first meeting was held at the First Evangelical Lutheran Church in January 2006.
More than 100 ladies signed in at that first meeting. Today, the Guild membership continues to be steady with approximately 200 members. We’d love to have you join us – Become a Member Today.
The purpose of the Longmont Quilt Guild is:
- To preserve and continue the traditions and history of the art of quilting, quilt making, and related hand arts.
- To develop and contribute to new approaches to quilting.
- To expand the knowledge of quilting and educate those interested in the background and skills of quilting.
- To contribute to community education and appreciation of the art of quilting.
- To provide community outreach projects available for member participation
The LQG is a nonprofit corporation with IRS 501c3.