As I’m sure you all know, our hospitals, nursing homes, and other health care facilities are in great need during this time.
The Guild is challenging everyone to make 10 masks this week! Patterns and tutorials are below.
If everyone participates, that would mean 2,000 masks to donate locally just this week!
The need is real, we can make a HUGE impact!
FREE interfacing for the center if you need
We have plenty, and The Presser Foot is kindly donating 1, 2, or 3 yards to guild members and will do curb side drop off
Sheila B. will also have packets available
All you need to donate is your time and your sewing skills!
Feel free to forward this note to anyone you know who is willing to make some masks!
There are plenty of tutorials out there, but Ineeda Bobin will host a Zoom tutorial tonight (March 22) at 7 PM and again Monday (March 23) at 11 AM
Click the Link Below to access the meeting
Meeting ID if asked: 616 121 0799
– On your Computer: Follow the simple prompts to download the free plug in, and check your connection.
– On your Smart Phone: go to your appropriate app store and download the Zoom Cloud Meeting app
– If prompted for in ID use the one provided above.
It’s up to you if you want to allow video on your side, but we strongly suggest it – this is for connecting with one another after all!
Things to know about Zoom Virtual Meetings:
– Joining on the computer allows for additional functionality like whole group messages, private chats, and the ability to see all participants even those who are not speaking
– You will be muted when you join
– Unless you are talking, please keep yourself muted, otherwise EVERYONE can hear what you are saying, your dog barking – BAD GRACIE!, your family members, your toilet flush 😉
– Video is currently set to on,when you join, everyone can see you (you can easily change this once you join)
If you are having technical difficulties getting on- call Sheila B (303-775-5799)
She will do her best to help!
Pattern and Video Tutorial
Mask Drop Off:
There will be a box for porch drop off at:
– 238 Sherwood Ct. Longmont CO (Sheila Boettcher)
– 1505 Lincoln St, Longmont (Von Yetzer)
– 728 Paschal Drive, Lafayette Co 80026 (Judy Cabot)
Fabric: Tightly woven, breathable fabric for front and back. Batik, cotton, sheets, poly/cotton. Pre-wash all fabric first in hot water with mild soap; do not use fabric softener.
Interfacing: non-woven, non-fusible, medium-weight
The Presser Foot, Sheila Boettcher, and Judy Cabot will have some for free if you are in need. Please reach out.
Ties: No elastic because of latex. Use bias tape, ribbon, etc. Anything washable.
Recipients: We have requests from several outlets: Several nursing homes, Cheyenne VA and Regional hospital, Lutheran General Hospital. I’m sure there are more.