About the Longmont Quilt Guild
Welcome to the Longmont Quilt Guild. We’re glad you found us!
We are an active quilt guild with members from Colorado, including Longmont, Erie, Boulder, Mead, Loveland, Thornton, Westminster, Denver, Aurora, Northglenn, and members residing in other states including Texas, Arizona, and Nebraska. With our diversity, we have a lot to offer the community and members.
Formed in 2005 by Martha Jurey, Beth Purkett, and Pat Lassak, the Longmont Quilt Guild was created as a way for quilters and sewers to come together and socialize. As word quickly spread throughout the Longmont quilting community, the Guild held its first meeting in January 2006 and more than 100 quilters signed in. Since then, the guild has grown to over 200 members strong.
The purpose of the Longmont Quilt Guild is to…
- Preserve and continue the traditions and history of the art of quilting, quilt making, and related hand arts
- Develop and contribute to new approaches to quilting
- Expand the knowledge of quilting and educate those interested in the background and skills of quilting
- Contribute to community education and appreciation of the art of quilting
- Provide community outreach projects available for member participation.
We are a nonprofit corporation with IRS 501(c)(3).
Interested in joining the Longmont Quilt Guild? See our activities page for more on what membership has to offer, and simply go to our join us page to become a member.
Board and Bylaws
Learn more about your 2023 board members and download our bylaws.
2023 Board Members
President, Bee Sew Brave
Vice President, Equipment Manager
Ways and Means
Ways and Means
Quilts for Kids
Block of the Month
Social Media, Webmaster