Member Benefits and Activities
The Longmont Quilt Guild is a quite active guild. We are constantly buzzing about, doing so many things to benefit the community, while actively working to promote the art of quilting.
As part of being a Member you can enjoy being involved with many of the activities that comprise the workings of the Guild, including…
- Programs & Workshops - Monthly meetings featuring local and national speakers. We value our talented members and seek to learn from some of the finest nationally-known quilters.
- Community Outreach - Including designated “sew days” to create quilts for the broader community. We sew for local community needs, veterans, cancer patients and survivors, and kids, among others.
- Sew & Tell - Monthly presentations of what Guild Members are making.
- Quilting Bees - Informative and social groups specializing in certain aspects of quilting.
- Block of the Month - An annual project, built month-by-month, with monthly chances to win blocks at guild meetings.
- Annual Quilt Show - Our annual culmination of our year’s work, in quilts, on display; open to the public.
- Ways & Means Fundraising - Creating uniquely-crafted, one-of-a-kind items to help raise funds to support our monthly programs lineup.
- Raffle Quilt Fundraising - Construction and fundraising to support our monthly programs lineup.
- Retreats - Happy get-aways to spend focus time on quilting and getting to know your fellow Guild Members better.
- Book and Ruler Library - Want to check out a quilting book you’ve been wanting to try a pattern from? Need a certain ruler for a project but don’t want to buy it? You can check out what our Library has to offer!
With so much going on, and so many programs to enjoy monthly, why wouldn’t you join? Become a member today and enjoy all these great activities and make some friends along the way.